WHY LEARN PDPA?
The course on the Fundamentals of Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) will be conducted using the Standard Curriculum and Standard Assessment Plan developed by Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC). Upon completion of the course a SOA (Statement of Attainment) will be awarded by SSG (Skills Singapore)
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was passed by the Parliament to protect individual’s data from misuse and was passed on 2 July 2014 and further enforced on 01 Sep 2019. All organisations that handle personal information are required to comply with the Act.
THE NEED FOR A DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
All organisations must appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO), to be responsible for developing and implementing personal data policies. This course will provide an overview and understanding of the PDPA and how it may be applied to the organisations for compliance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Data Protection Officers, Human Resource Managers, Compliance Officers, Business Owners, Professionals and personnel who handle personal data.
In order to enjoy the funding, participants need to fulfil the following requirements:
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents (PR) of Singapore
- Attain at least 75% course attendance
- Successfully complete assessment & certified as competent
- Has not enjoyed funding for the same course before
- For company-sponsored participants, training is fully sponsored by companies, which are registered or incorporated in Singapore
Please contact us for more information on the course.